Monday, June 24, 2013

Ramblings #1 (College and Candles)


    I’m trying this thing that I saw on Pinterest where I burn a tealight candle in coffee beans. Unfortunately, my gourmet beans expired, so I had to use coffee grounds, which I could have been making into liquid gold, but instead, I’m burning them, hoping that the bold and robust aroma would somehow keep me awake whilst I type this post. It’s funny how the human body functions when it’s sleep deprived. College taught me that about two weeks into my freshman year.
    It’s really hard to procrastinate AND get good grades in college. I think my saving grace my freshman year was that my classes that I was taking were somewhat interesting. Unfortunately, all the subjects I was most eager to study ended up being the subjects I hated most.
    I remember my first semester; I had a class on western literature-- that turned into European literature-- and I was so excited to take it. My only problem was that the professor wasn't too fond of me. Because of one bad essay out of six, I was failing. I picked myself up, though. For my final essay, I wrote a killer thesis where I compared Doctor Who to Dante’s Inferno. I went from an F to a C... not bad for the weirdest one in the class.
    In my second semester, I had a weather and climate class. I was (I stress, was) obsessed with weather and how it worked, so I thought I would love the class. I was so wrong. The class was at 8:00 in the morning, and every day was a boring slideshow, and (maybe) a quiz. In spite of the countless times that I fell asleep in that class, I got an A. I can’t complain. I ended up getting a 3.43 GPA for that year. I thank Starbucks. :D


~Brieanna Romero

No comments:

Post a Comment