Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Ramblings #2 (Tea and Cigarettes)

    Right now I'm on a green tea kick. I got a giant box of Bigalow’s organic from Sam’s Club. What can I say? I’m a slave to the Wal-Mart Corporation. I love Sam’s Club; I don’t love having to sign up as a member. Oh, well, for low prices on bulk items, Sam’s isn’t too bad.
     I’m also frequenting organic foods. I went to this store called Sprout’s. It’s really cool. I wish that my town would have a Whole Foods. Sprout’s is all we have. All the grocery stores are chain stores here.
     I’m also on an indie kick. I normally base my music collection in pop and electronic, but I’m really into indie artsy music at the moment. I blame DIIV. Their music sounds like I’m at the beach, but it’s so intense. It’s so weird.
     I have no idea why I’m so random today. Maybe it’s the green tea. Maybe it’s enough to help me kick my coffee addiction. I love coffee too much. Caffeine’s a legal drug, and I’m hooked. It’s exponentially better than being addicted to alcohol or cigarettes.
     I never ever want to smoke. I hate cigarettes. They’re just... nasty. I once saw a commercial from the CDC where it was this woman and she was deformed, and she had an electrolarynx. Her voice sounded like a duck. I think her name was Terrie. She said to record your voice because her grandkids only hear her fake voice now. I feel so sorry for her, but that’s what smoking does. That’s why I’m glad that they’re doing e-cigarettes. With all the chemicals that tobacco cigarettes have, it’s nice to know that people can still get their fix without breathing in tar and benzene and things like that. Now, if only they had mint flavored e-coffee.
~Brieanna Romero

No comments:

Post a Comment