Friday, June 28, 2013

Ramblings #3 (Incentives and Chocolate)


 I’ve finally set it in my heart to start living healthier and to lose a couple of pounds. I guess that going to McDonald’s for dinner tonight wasn’t the start I was looking for, but like my Thinspiration board on Pinterest says: “One bad meal won’t make you fat, just like one good meal won’t make you skinny.” However, I believe that many bad meals will make you fat, and many good meals will make you skinny.

I think my biggest struggle would definitely be giving up soda. I saw a video on YouTube from AllTime10’s where it said that soda is as corrosive to teeth as battery acid. Soda drinkers are kind of like smokers in the sense that there are harmful acids and sugars but the sugar and the caffeine hooks people to soda, just like how there is tar, formaldehyde, arsenic and God knows what else in tobacco, but people smoke for the nicotine.

It’s crazy to think how incentive works. I have a huge incentive for this: for every day that I make my nutritional goals, I’m going to put a dollar in a jar. I’m also going to do this every time I work out for more than an hour. I soon hope to make a routine out of this, and contrary to popular belief, I don’t have a routine, and if I ever have a routine, I don’t care if I break it. I like structure, but I pad that structure in expectation of the unexpected.

I know that deep down inside of me is a vixen, which is stuck inside a thick sweet exterior. I’m like a cinnamon stick, but cloaked over me is a thick coating of white chocolate, (not that my white chocolate sweetheart personality is bad.) But I’m tired of being super sweet. I just get burned that way. I’m not timid or weak. I have an amazing brain: witty, intelligent, hilarious, a little bit cocky and unique. I’m confident in my brain, now I just have to unlock the confidence in the casing around it. Sounds like a quest. Challenge accepted.

~Brieanna Romero

No comments:

Post a Comment