Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Ramblings #4 (Goodwill and Migraines)

I'm waiting for my hair to dry, might as well write something. 

Right now, I'm in love with Goodwill. I'm thrifty, as per the name "Thrifty Aspie" I don't know why the plus is  in there, maybe an ode to my plus-sizeness. I don't really like being plus-sized. People always give me this "You have a pretty face" cliche, and I hate it, really. I don't understand why so many people are so nice to me. I guess I'm blessed. Well, I try to be super nice to people. It's just who I am. I hate the stereotype of Aspies being cold and calculated. I'm rather calculated, but I'm never cold. I think I have an old soul. When I was younger, the kids I went to school were just, immature. Now that I think about it, they were at the right maturity level for their age, but I acted much older, so the contrast is what made me think that everyone was immature. I grew up way too fast. But on the contrary, I still know how to be fun, I just don't act immature about having fun.

Anyways, back to Goodwill. I went earlier this week and got on ton of stuff and I only paid, like $20 for everything. (I'll have to take pictures and post them.) I took a picture of my younger brother with this giant banana with a rasta beanie and dreadlocks, and it looked stoned. It was quite the statement piece. He sent it to my dad, and the next day he decided to go out and buy it. It was on Amazon for $110, but he got it for $11. 90% off is quite the deal.

I've also started taking vitamins. But I wanted it to be something I wanted to do every day, so I bought a giant bottle of gummy vitamins from Wal-Mart. They're surprisingly tasty. I've noticed that my hair is stronger, my skin is dewy and even, and I feel generally better about myself and my health.

I also quit drinking soda, (I still drink coffee, though,) and so far, I'm doing pretty good. But the absence of caffeine is making my body hate me, and coffee isn't enough to keep it happy. I've been getting withdrawal headaches all week, and they're starting to move into migraine territory. Last night was especially bad. I was watching Sherlock, and the lights and the effects were too much and I had to quit halfway through it. I couldn't even look at my phone without my headache getting worse. 

And finally, I'm working out more. But I'm making it fun. I do conventional workouts, but I add in different kinds of workouts. My favorites are the TV show workout challenges. I do it with The Big Bang Theory all the time. I want to find one for Sherlock. It'd be quite the workout, provided that every episode is an hour and a half long. I'm also obsessed with motion gaming. My favorite right now is Dance Dance Revolution. I played it a lot (badly, I will say,) when I was younger, and I got the exact same version that I played when I was a kid. I play this song called Exotic Ethnic all the time. It's so hard, but it's really fun. It's a whole lot easier than Paranoia Eternal. 

~Brieanna Romero

No comments:

Post a Comment