Saturday, July 20, 2013

Ramblings #5 (The Hiatus)

I want to explain my recent hiatus and why I haven't been posting lately. I have been trying to cut back on how much I use my laptop and my various other gadgets in an effort to be less dependent on technology. I'm moving soon to a new house, and I've been busy packing and making sure that everything is ready to go for the move. I also have my second year of college coming up, and in a month, ( and $9,000 down the drain,) I will be back in the swing of late night studying and stressing out over whether I have an A in my classes.

However, this year of college provides an amazing opportunity. Last year, I was in a giant shell for most of the year. I really didn't expect to make friends, so I went into full-blown Aspie mode, and instead of explaining why I was so shy, I simply pushed people away. I got A's and on the Dean's List, but I still felt lonely. Don't get me wrong, I do have friends, and I can socialize among them, but the prospect of socializing with someone that I don't know kind of scares me. I'm too critical of myself, and I think that no one would get along with me because of my quirks, and how complex my personality is.

Ugh, I digress. Anyways, so I'm going to be really busy until mid-December, and even then, I'll still find a way to keep my mind occupied. That doesn't mean that I'll forget about you, dear reader. I'll still post on here. In fact, I'm posting more. Remember this post when Google is paying me enough to pay off my student loans.

~ Brieanna Romero

No comments:

Post a Comment