Thursday, March 6, 2014

Ramblings #13 (Dirty Talk and Pop-Tarts)

I'm going into full-blown Aspie mode. I'm the freaking Aspie Alligator! I'm writing this while listening my new favorite song: Talk Dirty by Jason Derulo. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE INDIE GIRL!? I'm loving pop music again! I have listened to nothing but this song for days!

Here's the irony. I'm asexual.

I shouldn't like this song. Yet I do. It's so poetic, with lines such as "Our conservations aren't long, but you know what is" (sarcasm.) I normally don't like sexy songs, but I'm loving this one! although I don't like 2 Chainz's part:"I got her in my phone under Big Booty." really? With an language gap, how is dirty talk possible? Don't both parties need to understand the same language?

I'm doing this also with an Anti-Flag song called "Anatomy of Your Enemy." I like the message in this song though. I like the political nature of it. I like how it speaks the truth! If you think about it, even America does this with their enemies. When we went to war with Iraq and Afghanistan, We thought all the Middle East was militant and hell-bent on destroying us, because of an isolated set of incidents. What happened? Stereotypes. We assume that the Middle East is the terrorism capital of the world, and it may be, but what we fail to realize is that terrorism is everywhere.

I hate how America tries to form other countries throughout history to become democracies, when America isn't even a Democracy, but actually is a Republic. We're the new kids in town, but we like to play like we run the world, and we like to stick our noses into everyone else's business. Why fix what isn't broken?

I want pop tarts.

~Brieanna Romero (The Random Capital of the World)

No comments:

Post a Comment